Mr. Edward Allan Wagner Tizón
Ambassador Edward Allan Wagner Tizón
Lima, 7 February 1942
Married to Julia de la Guerra Urquiaga.
Daughters: Carla, Paula, Mónica, Julia and Verónica.
- Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Career diplomat.
- Extrajudicial Conciliator.
- Marist School San Isidro, Lima (1949-1953).
- National School Ignacio Merino, Talara (1954-1958).
- Chemical Engineering (partial), National University of Trujillo and National University of Engineering, Lima (1959-1962).
- School of Arts, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (1963-1964).
- Diplomatic Academy of Peru (1966-1967).
- Trade Policy Course, General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), Genève (1965).
- Cycles on Professional Development, Diplomatic Academy of Peru (1975-1977).
- Training Course for Conciliators, CONCILIUM Centre (1999).
- Doctor Honoris Causa by the National University of San Marcos.
- Doctor Honoris Causa by the University of San Ignacio de Loyola.
- Admitted as Assistant to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by public contest (1963).
- Assistant in the Department of Information, Commercial Directorate (1963-1964).
- Responsible for GATT Affairs, Directorate of Economic Affairs (1965-1967).
- Joined the Foreign Service in 1968 as Third Secretary (first place) (1968).
- Third and Second Secretary, Deputy Representative of Peru to the Latin American Free Trade Association (LAFTA), Montevideo, Uruguay (1968-1971).
- First Secretary, Head of the Economic Department of the Embassy of Peru in the United States of America (1972-1974).
- Counsellor, Director for Technical and Financial International Cooperation (1975-1976).
- Counsellor, Director for Latin American Economic Relations and Integration and Deputy Representative to the Cartagena Agreement Commission (1976-1977).
- Counsellor, Head of the Political Department of the Embassy of Peru in Chile (1978-1979).
- Minister Counsellor, Chief of Cabinet of the Vice-minister and Secretary General of Foreign Affairs (1982).
- Minister Counsellor, Chief of Cabinet of the Minister of Foreign Affairs (1982-1983).
- Minister, Deputy Chief of Mission and Charge d'Affaires a.i. to the Embassy of Peru in the United States (1983-1985).
- Ambassador of Peru to Spain (1988-1990).
- Ambassador of Peru to Venezuela (1991-1992).
- Ambassador of Peru to the United States of America (2001-2002).
- Ambassador of Peru to the Kingdom of the Netherlands (2008-2014).
- Retired from the Diplomatic Service as of 7 February 2012.
Other official positions:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs (July 1985-May 1988).
- Minister of Foreign Affairs (July 2002 - December 2003).
- Minister of Defence (July 2006-December 2007).
- Agent of Peru before the International Court of Justice on the maritime delimitation dispute vs. Chile (2008-2014).
- Head of External Relations, Cartagena Agreement Board (1980-1981).
- Director of Development and Special Advisor to the Permanent Secretary of the Latin American Economic System (SELA), Caracas (1992-1998).
- Advisor to the General Secretariat of the Andean Community for the Common Foreign Policy (2000- 2001).
- Secretary General of the Andean Community (January 2004-July 2006).
- Director of the Diplomatic Academy of Peru Javier Pérez de Cuéllar (April 2015- )
- President of the Civil Society Association “Transparencia” (August 2016- )
- President of the Peruvian Chapter of the International Chamber of Commerce of Paris (May 2017- )
-President of the Ad-Hoc Commission for the Judiciary Reform (July 2018)
- Chair of the APEC Vision Group (AVG) (May 2018 -)
- Member of the Peruvian Council on International Relations (COPERI)
- Member of the Peruvian Society of International Law
- Member of the Peruvian Andean Commission of Jurists
- Member of the Society Founders of Independence and Qualified Defenders of the Fatherland
- Professor at the Diplomatic Academy of Peru (1999-2001, 1975-1978).
- Professor at the Department of Integration, Andean University Simón Bolívar, Sucre (2000).
- Professor at the Graduate School Faculty of Law and Political Science, Central University of Venezuela (1996).
- Professor at the Master´s School on Governance, Institute of Government, University of San Martín de Porres (2006- 2007).
- Professor at the Graduate School of the University of San Ignacio de Loyola (2014).
- Grand Cross of the Order "El Sol del Perú".
- Officer, Commander and Grand Cross of the Order "Merit for Distinguished Services of Peru."
- Grand Cross of the Order of Diplomatic Merit "José Gregorio Paz Soldán."
- Grand Cross of the Order of Justice.
- Grand Cross of the Military Order of Ayacucho.
- Grand Crosses of the Orders of Merit of the Army, Navy and Air Force of Peru.
- Grand Crosses of the Orders Miguel Grau, Francisco Bolognesi and José Quiñones.
- Grand Crosses and medals in various categories from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Morocco, Mexico, Panama, Netherlands, Republic of Korea, Romania and Venezuela.